Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our new patient coordinator via email, or set up a FREE discovery consultation.
Scheduling & Visits
Patients have unlimited email contact with their Willowbend Health & Wellness provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
Scheduling & Cancellations
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with a Willowbend Health & Wellness doctor, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
Willowbend Health & Wellness providers do NOT provide conventional medical care
It is important to note the following:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. we attempt to make time in our schedule to accommodate same day and urgent appointments.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you have a medical emergency you will need to visit an ER or urgent care center, or contact your primary care provider.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
The cost of any services provided by Willowbend Health & Wellness which are not included in the episode of care fee will be billed to you directly.
Non-Willowbend Health & Wellness medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
Willowbend Health & Wellness will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We have limited ability to assist you with claim resolution for our services.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Willowbend Health & Wellness physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by your insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Willowbend Health & Wellness.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Willowbend Health & Wellness doctor and may include blood, saliva, urine, or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further evaluation you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Willowbend Health & Wellness physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is provided to you by Willowbend Health & Wellness, you will be charged the day the kit is picked up or mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs – however, specialty labs that perform specific functional testing (that may offer better services or better patient pricing) are utilized by Willowbend Health & Wellness, and may not be covered by your insurance. We will be happy to discuss this with you prior to testing.
Take The First Step Today On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision about becoming a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Willowbend Health & Wellness is right for you.