Why Do We Need Detoxification?
Detoxification is an essential process for the health of the body. A detoxification program may enhance the elimination of many common pollutants and toxins that we are exposed to every day. Most toxins prevent optimal function of numerous body systems.These may include substances associated with things like:
- Air pollution & water pollutants
- Pesticide residues in whole foods & additives in processed foods
- Mercury & other heavy metal contamination in food
- Chemicals in cleaning products & cosmetics
- Cigarette smoke
- Other industrial compounds
When Do We Need To Detoxify?
It is impossible to keep harmful toxins out of the body. Fortunately, when it comes to naturally occurring toxins, your body can take steps to keep itself clean. We have built in detox organs – skin, lungs, lymphatic system, colon, kidney, and the liver. However, when it comes to man-made chemicals, there are fewer processes in place to protect against them. As these chemicals persist inside the body, they may build up and cause symptoms like:
- Acne or rashes
- Fertility problems
- Hormone imbalance
- Muscle & joint pain
- Food cravings & weight gain
- Chronic immune depression
Often, people dealing with these ailments will turn to medications for a solution. However, these introduce more toxins into the body and can make the ailments even worse. The body should be able to detoxify without special diets, herbs, supplements, and other methods but evidence has shown there can be unprecedented accumulation of toxins found in our bodies in large part due to being exposed to huge amounts of man-made toxins in everyday life
Some chemicals or metabolites pass through our bodies, but others can remain in our fat cells, blood, bone, brain, and liver or other organs. Of course, the best & most effective solution is to avoid as many of these chemicals as possible but not all of them can be avoided.
Therefore, it makes sense to occasionally support the body’s ability to more effectively eliminate toxins to minimize accumulation of excess toxins in the body because these exposures interfere with our natural defenses to fight disease.
There are methods to help your body flush them out like exercise, sauna, colonics, and lymphatic massage, but you can aid the liver, kidney and other body organs & cells more effectively with a detoxification program which has been shown to be advantageous.
Detoxification is a complex process that requires all body pathways to be in balance to work more effectively and it occurs in 3 phases. Most body cells play a role in detoxification, but the liver is the primary player. The top ten reasons to consider participating in an active detoxification program include:
- Clear out excess toxins & waste our body may have stored
- Boost our body’s immune system & help reduce inflammation
- Clear the body of heavy metals & other pollutants
- Reduce fatigue & improve sleep
- Assist with balancing hormone levels
- Enhance the body’s ability to lose weight
- Improve vitamin & mineral absorption
- Help to improve mood & decrease irritability
- Reduce gastrointestinal disturbances & food sensitivities
- Restore the body’s own natural detoxification ability
We invite you to contact us at Willowbend Health & Wellness or visit us at one of our seminars to find out more about how you could benefit from participation in an active detoxification program. It may be even more important to consider regular detoxification if there is a suspicion of or one has been diagnosed with a hormone imbalance, digestive disorder, or an immune dysfunction like an autoimmune disease.